ClixSense is one of the longer running and better established sites for people to make money online. Since the site was established in 2007 it has paid out over $38 million to people who have used their site to earn online.
One advantage of ClixSense is that it provides the opportunity to earn and receive payments in cash. There aren’t points or virtual currencies to figure out, and rewards are not issued using gift cards. Cash payments are currently available by check or through the online payment services Payoneer, Skrill or Tango Card.
The signup process for the site is quick and simple, not requiring as much information up front as some other sites. It will, however, be necessary to provide an address prior to participating in activities to earn money. Unfortunately, unlike many other sites, ClixSense doesn’t currently provide a signup bonus.
ClixSense also provides a wide variety of methods to make money online, including paid surveys, cash offers, paid videos, paid tasks, and referring other people to use their site.
The paid survey selection includes standalone surveys from a handful of different partners as well as a small selection of “Daily Survey Routers.” Whereas the standalone surveys allow you to pick a specific survey to attempt, the survey routers will attempt to match you with surveys which you’re likely to qualify for.
Before participating in any surveys you’ll be asked to answer a series of 25 questions about yourself which are used to better match you with survey opportunities. Next you’ll be shown a series of 11 slides which will provide a lot of useful information about how to get the best results from surveys. If you’re new to filling out paid surveys online it is a good idea to take a few minutes to carefully review the information they provide.
The “offers” section includes a number of opportunities where a person can earn a small amount of money for signing up to use a variety of sites or services. The section also includes a few options for paid videos, which offer from $0.01 to $0.04 for viewing a series of videos. Lastly, the “offers” section includes links to several different “offer walls” which will each provide their own selections of paid surveys, paid videos and other offers. The selection and quality of each “wall” will vary depending on the specific company which operates each one.
The “Tasks” section includes options to earn money by completing simple, repetitive tasks. For example, one task currently available offers $0.01 to use LinkedIn to verify that a person still holds a specific position or title. The tasks are operated by a third party company named Figure Eight, which was formerly known as CrowdFlower. Due to the low payouts which are provided relative to the amount of time and effort required this is not a good option if there are other opportunities available. Doing these tasks may make sense in some areas where fewer other options are available.
ClixSense has a good referral program, but commission structure is a little more complicated than programs for other sites. Referring people is simple: ClixSense will provide you with a unique link, and you’ll be set as the referrer of anyone who uses that link to access ClixSense and register for an account. The commissions for the referral program are:
1) Once a person signs up using your link you will earn commissions of 20% to 30% of the amount earned by the referral. So if they earn $10, you would receive $2 – $3 in commissions. The amount depends on how many of your referrals have been active within the previous 30 days.
2) It is also possible to earn a $0.10 to $0.30 bonus each time a new referral becomes an active user of the site. The amount of the bonus depends on which country the person is from.
3) Once the referral reaches $5 in earnings (not counting their own referral commissions or bonuses) you will receive another $2 bonus.
So the referral program is a great way to earn money online if you’re able to refer a number of people who use the site regularly. Understanding how your commissions are calculated can get very complicated, though.
Another confusing aspect of the site is the way payments work. Payments can be requested at any time after the minimum payout amount is earned. Some things to keep in mind:
1) For payments to be issued by check or through Skrill or Tango Card there is a $10 minimum required for payment; Payoneer payments have a $20 minimum payout requirement.
2) Further, people are assessed a $1 fee to receive payments by check, a $2 fee to receive payments through Payoneer, and a 1% fee to receive Skill payments. There is no fee for payments received using Tango Card.
3) Payments by check are only issued once per month, around the 15th of the month. Other payments may be requested up to once per week.
4) After a payment is requested they are generally issued within 5 – 7 days, with the exception that a person’s first payment will be delayed by an additional 8 – 10 days.
This program has a solid reputation as a great way to make money online, but it does have a few confusing aspects.