Have a Safe and Happy 4th of July!Posted in Announcements by CashCrate Dana
Independence Day commemorates the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4th, 1776.
Fireworks are a traditional part of July 4th celebrations. While fun to watch, fireworks can also be dangerous. Here are a few safety tips.
1. Don’t buy any fireworks. Attend a local fireworks show put on by professionals instead. This is the best way to avoid accidents.
2. If you do buy fireworks, be sure to follow the laws of your local community. Having the police show up at your family cook out would not be a good thing. If you buy fireworks in another state because you cannot buy them in your state, it’s possible they are illegal in your local area.
3. Kids love sparklers, but remember sparklers get very hot and can burn little hands. Keep a close eye on children using sparklers.
4. Light one firework at a time. Don’t put a whole bunch in a bucket and light them all at once. Sounds like common sense, but it happens.
5. Don’t hold powerful firecrackers and other fireworks in your hand while you light them. It’s possible for a fuse to burn much more quickly than you are expecting.
6. Be aware of dry conditions. Don’t light fireworks where the surrounding grass and brush is super dry.
7. Keep a bucket of water or a hose nearby just in case.
For more safety tips, visit The National Council on Fireworks Safety. All of us at CashCrate wish you a safe and wonderful Independence Day. Enjoy the holiday!